X-OMEGA™ Flow and Density Out
WHEN EVERY SECOND COUNTS...
X-OMEGA is an innovative smart sensor for measuring flow and density of fluids during drilling operations. It can be operated in standalone mode to provide data for early kick and fluid anomaly (gain and loss) detection in both water and oil based muds, and critical mud weight monitoring, hole cleaning, barite sag detection and other measurements.
It can also be used in conjunction with MezurX’s integrated FADS (Fluid Anomaly Detection System) solution for comprehensive early kick detection and mud monitoring.
Flow and density is determined from pressure sensors located in a branch of the flowline, combining the principles of a conventional wedge meter and hydrostatic pressures.
Key Features and Benefits
Overcomes shortcomings of coriolis systems
- Rugged and reliable sensor technology
- Maintains accuracy even in presence of substantial levels of cuttings and/or gas
- Large internal passageways to accommodate high flow rates without blockage
- Sensors do not require cleaning or flushing
- Compact size and less intrusive, lower-cost installation
- High pressure and temperature ratings for use on HPHT wells
- No moving parts
- Resistant to abrasive wear
* - required fields